Saying of the Week
"I have been sent to perfect good character."
He also said:
"The believers most perfect in faith are those best in character."
Holy Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be upon Him)
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". (Al-Baqarah 2:156)
Namaz-e-Wahshat: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once and in the second Raka'at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
Namaz-e-Haddiye Mayyit: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Surah Qadr should be recited. In the second Raka'at, after Surah al-Hamd recite Surah Kawther.
Sunday August 30th (Dhul
Qa’dah 15th Night)
- 5:45 a.m. Salatul
Fajr followed by Breakfast
Monday August 31st (Dhul
Qa’dah 16th Night)
Special Program - All members requested to attend
- 7:00 p.m. Farewell
Reception for Sheikh Bilal
- 7:53 p.m. Salatul
Maghrib followed by Refreshments
3rd (Dhul Qa'dah 19th Night)
- 7:45 p.m. Salatul
Maghrib (7:48 pm) followed by Surah-e-Yasin, Dua-e-Kumayl,
Majalis and Ziyarat-e-Waritha
Friday September 4th
(Dhul Qa'dah 20th Night)
- 1:00 p.m. Salatul
- Friday Salatul
Maghrib Program will resume on September 11th
Sunday September 6th
(Dhul Qa’dah 22nd Night)
- Salatul Fajr program will
resume on September 13th
Important Information Regarding PA ACT 153
Pennsylvania Law ACT 153 was signed into law in late 2014 and effective starting July 1, 2015. Governor Tom Corbett signed several new pieces of legislation aimed at protecting children, including several initiatives impacting ALL organizations serving Pennsylvania children.
Shia Ithna Asheri Jamaat of PA (SIJPA) is required to comply.
An individual 18 years of age or older who serves in a volunteer position, and is responsible for the welfare of a child or will have direct contact with children will be required to submit the following information prior to the start of the upcoming Madressa session as presented at the August 23rd teacher training session held at Al Ahad Islamic Center:
1. Pennsylvania Criminal History report from the Pennsylvania State Police ($10 fee waived as of July 25th for volunteers)
2. Certification from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services ($10 fee waived as of July 25th for volunteers); and
3. Federal Criminal History report from the FBI, which includes submission of the individual’s fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police ($27.50 – Fee reimbursed by SIJPA).
The Federal Criminal History report (Item No. 3, above) is waived for volunteers in circumstances wherein the applicant has been a resident of Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous ten years; and affirms, in writing, that he or she has not been convicted of one or more of the disqualifying offenses.
Volunteers will be required to obtain required background checks beginning immediately with updated checks required every 36 months.
Particulars to SIJPA
Who needs it?
- All teachers, substitute teachers, Madressa sub-committee members and volunteers involved with youth under the age of 18, teaching class or providing child care at any level.
- All members or the Management Committee and Ladies Committee responsible for supervision of youth under the age of 18
- All volunteers, coaches responsible for supervision of youth under the age of 18 for extracurricular activities / sport activities directly organized by SIJPA (i.e. Al Ahad Soccer)
What is needed?
- SIJPA Volunteer Registration Form
- All three clearance checks with the possible exception of the Federal Criminal History check (finger printing) if resident of PA 10 years or longer
- If resident of PA 10 years or longer -- signed affidavit
When is this required to be completed?
- Submissions for the background checks are required to be initiated immediately and are due Friday September 11, 2015.
How do I get the clearances?
- Forms and Instructions will be emailed to teachers, volunteers who are required to comply
For any assistance during the process or any general questions, please contact Br. Amir Famili or Br. Ameen Datoo
Please make a donation today using our Online Payment Gateway
First Time Users on the new Payment Gateway will be required to Register.
Jazaak Allaahu Khayran.