Saying of the Week
"I have been sent to perfect good character."
He also said:
"The believers most perfect in faith are those best in character."
Holy Prophet Muhammed (Peace Be upon Him)
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". (Al-Baqarah 2:156)
Namaz-e-Wahshat: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once and in the second Raka'at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
Namaz-e-Haddiye Mayyit: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Surah Qadr should be recited. In the second Raka'at, after Surah al-Hamd recite Surah Kawther.
Sheikh Jaffer H Jaffer invites all the youths of
the community to participate in a special event during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Thursday from 12:30pm - 3pm boys and girls between the ages of
14-25. Topic is an open forum to 'The Keys of Success'.
- Friday from 1pm - 3:30pm boys and girls between the ages of
9-13. Topic is 'Kerbala In Me'.
will be provided. Parents please encourage your children to attend these events
- Thursday, March 6th (Wiladat of Sayyeda Zainab):
- Friday, March 7th:
- 7:30pm Yaseen, Hadith-e-Kisa'a, Dua-e-Kumayl, Majlis, and Ziarat.
- Majlis to be recited by Br. Brian Anthony.
- Saturday, March 8th:
- 12:15pm Juma'a
- 6:15pm Salatul Maghrib/Isha
- 7pm Children's Workshop
- 5:45pm Fateha khani, Yaseen, Salatul Maghrib/Isha, Marsiya, Majlis, and end with Nyaz.
- Ziarat Majlis to be recited by Dr. Sakhawat Hussein for ithale thawab of Robabeh Abedini.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS (MOVE CLOCKS ONE HOUR AHEAD)
- Sunday, March 9th:
- 6:45am Salatul Fajr.
- 10:30am Madressa
1. With the help of the Almighty, we have been able to fund numerous capital projects so far however, the financial strain due to the numerous winter storms has gradually started to tighten. By donating to SIJPA you can be rest assured that your money is going to a lofty and noble cause in the way of Allah, and that every amount that you generously give is greatly appreciated, no matter how small.
2. A quick reminder regarding membership dues: Membership is renewed yearly. Most of our income comes from membership dues. We are requesting everyone to re-new their membership and become active to make a greater impact on the goals and vision of Al Ahad Islamic center. SIJPA’s fiscal year is Jan 1st through Dec 31st, for any given year. It is time to renew your yearly membership to the SIJPA. Thank you in advance for your continuing membership – we appreciate it!.3. Please note that the MC is in the process of finalizing an independent audit of our financial records. We anticipate that the audit will be finalized in the near future. We believe that it would be futile to hold the Annual General Meeting (AGM) before completion of the audit. Therefore, we intend to hold the AGM on Saturday, March 29, 2014. Inshallah, the audit will be completed in advance of that date. We will provide more information including the agenda for the AGM, in the near future.4. Brick for the Marhumins; Bricks are available to put the names of the Marhumins the donation is $250.00 for the two names of the marhumins. And also if one need to have Yasin recited for their Ihsalasawaab of the marhumins for 50 Thursday the cost is $500.00 for four names. This is the best of best present for our marhumins who are looking forward for the Tabaruk.
"Do not be ashamed for giving a small amount, for not giving at all is smaller" - The Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (as)
Are you receiving a tax refund this year? Have you considered giving a percentage of it back to Al Ahad? Giving in Charity is a great first step to experiencing the joy and contentment.
This winter season has been very challenging for our Center. All of us have been digging our way out of the latest in a long series of snow storms. SIJPA is facing a huge deficit. Like so many organizations and businesses, an unexpected winter like this one drains our mosque budget as the cost of clearing parking lots and sidewalks adds up.
Your help is crucial & critical at present. Donate generously towards deficit in the General Fund and Parking Lot. This will help replenish the funds that have been strained by weather-related costs. Our roof, especially on the A’alim’s apartment and Madressa side, have been badly overburdened by the snow. Much needed repairs to the roof need to be done this Summer.
Please make a donation today using our secure online donation form hosted by PayPal
Al-Ahad Islamic Center encourages all community members wishing to
donate towards a specific fund to a member of the management team. For
those wishing to donate towards GENERAL FUNDS may do so online. Please
note PayPal does charge upto 3.5% in fees, kindly add 3.5% towards your
intended donation amount so the receipt can reflect the intended
donation. Thank you for your support.