Items of Interest
The Hidden Treasure by Br. Jaffer Ladak is Lady Umm Kulthum's first published biography. VIEW COVER
Not receiving weekly email and have a Gmail account? Click here for help
Saying of the Week
I revolted neither for wickedness nor for fame. Verily I rose only to seek for rectification in the nation of my grandfather, the messenger of Allah.
Imam Hussein (A.S.)
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". (Al-Baqarah 2:156)
Namaz-e-Wahshat: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once and in the second Raka'at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
Namaz-e-Haddiye Mayyit: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Surah Qadr should be recited. In the second Raka'at, after Surah al-Hamd recite Surah Kawther.
Sheikh Jaffer H Jaffer invites all the youths of
the community to participate in a special event during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Thursday from 12:30pm - 3pm boys and girls between the ages of
14-25. Topic is an open forum to 'The Keys of Success'.
- Friday from 1pm - 3:30pm boys and girls between the ages of
9-13. Topic is 'Kerbala In Me'.
will be provided. Parents please encourage your children to attend these events
SIJPA Management wishes to inform the community that there were no reports of sighting the new crescent in Lehigh Valley on June 9th. However, based on confirmed reports of moon sighting in California, the following will occur:
June 2013 Prayer Time Table
- The southern parts of the United States of America will observe Monday 10th of June 2013 as the 1st day of Shaban 1434.
- The rest of the country including Lehigh Valley and Canada will observe June 10th, 2013 as the last day of Rajab.
- Tuesday, June 11th, 2013, as the 1st day of Shaban 1434.
- Thursday, June 13th (Wiladat of Imam Hussein & Sharwate Shaadi Majlis):
- Mendhi ceremony for ladies.
- 7:30pm Yaseen, Hadith-e-Kisa'a, Dua Kumayl, Majlis (recited by Sheikh Hisham Hussainy), and Maulud.
- Salatul Maghrib/Isha followed by Ziarat.
- Majlis sponsored by the family of Late Marhum Dr. Alimohamed Musa.
- Friday, Jun 14th (Wiladat of Hazrat Abbas):
- 1:00pm Juma'a led by Sheikh Hisham Hussainy
- 7:30pm Dua-e-Samaat, Hadith-e-Kisa'a, Majlis, Maulud, and Salatul Maghrib/Isha.
2. Click here to read the message from SIJPA Management given on the Wiladat of Imam Ali (a.s.)3. If anyone wants Quran recited for ithale thawaab of their marhumeen, please click here for more information and to complete the form.4. What’s cooking in your kitchen? Let us know! The youths of Al-Ahad Islamic Center are organizing a fundraiser and need your help! We are creating a new cookbook for purchase to help raise money for the chronically-ill children of the area. The more the recipes, the tastier the cookbook, so don’t be shy O’ great cooks of Allentown, share your best recipes with us! Recipes can be dropped in the Recipe Dropbox located in the Ladies Shoe Section or can be e-mailed to
and check out the flyer for more information. We kindly request that all recipes be given in before Ramadhan! Please contact Sister Shumaila Habib for any questions.5. Click to view photos of the Al Ahad Youth Soccer and Al Ahad Volleyball Team that participated in the recent Umoja Games in Orlando and the RK's tournament in Toronto.6. There will be a youth program after the regular Thursday night Program on June 27th. This program will be conducted by Syed Hassan Ali Rizvi. We strongly urge all youths to attend.
- Saturday, June 15th (Wiladat of Imam Zaynul Abideen & Nikah Ceremony of Abbas Virani to Anisa Musa):
- Sunday, June 16th:
- Thursday, June 20th:
- 5:30pm: Hadith-e-Kisa'a, Majlis, Maulud.
- Nikah ceremony of Anisa Musa & Abbas Virani
- Program will conclude with Salatul Maghrib/Isha
- 7:45pm Yaseen, Dua Kumayl, Majlis (recited by Syed Hassan Ali Rizvi).
- Salatul Maghrib/Isha followed by Ziarat.
- Friday, June 21st:
- 1:00pm Juma'a (led by Syed Hassan Ali Rizvi)
- 8:15pm Dua-e-Samaat followed by Salatul Maghrib/Isha.
- Saturday, June 22nd:
- Sunday, June 23rd:
- Monday, June 24th (Shab-e-Baraat & Wiladat of 12th Imam):
- 8:55pm: Salatul Maghrib/Isha
- 8:30pm Yaseen, Hadith-e-Kisa'a, Majlis, Maulud
- Salatul Maghrib/Isha followed by Amal.
- Majlis and amal conducted by Sheikh Bilal Hussein
1. TD Bank has initiated a summer reading program for children. For more information, please click here.
Please make a donation today using our secure online donation form hosted by PayPal
Al-Ahad Islamic Center encourages all community members wishing to
donate towards a specific fund to a member of the management team. For
those wishing to donate towards GENERAL FUNDS may do so online. Please
note PayPal does charge upto 3.5% in fees, kindly add 3.5% towards your
intended donation amount so the receipt can reflect the intended
donation. Thank you for your support.