Saying of the Week
"I revolted neither for wickedness nor for fame. Verily I rose only to seek for rectification in the nation of my grandfather, the messenger of Allah."
Imam Hussein (A.S)
INNA LILLAHI WA INNA ILAYHI RAJIOON "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return". (Al-Baqarah 2:156)
Namaz-e-Wahshat: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Ayatul Kursi should be recited once and in the second Raka'at, Surah al-Qadr should be recited 10 times after Surah-al-Hamd.
Namaz-e-Haddiye Mayyit: In the first Raka'at, after reciting Surah al-Hamd, Surah Qadr should be recited. In the second Raka'at, after Surah al-Hamd recite Surah Kawther.
Sheikh Jaffer H Jaffer invites all the youths of
the community to participate in a special event during the Thanksgiving Break:
- Thursday from 12:30pm - 3pm boys and girls between the ages of
14-25. Topic is an open forum to 'The Keys of Success'.
- Friday from 1pm - 3:30pm boys and girls between the ages of
9-13. Topic is 'Kerbala In Me'.
will be provided. Parents please encourage your children to attend these events
Article of the week: Life of Imam Zainul Abideen (a.s.)
- Tuesday, December 3rd, 20th of Shohada e Karbala:
- Thursday, December 5th, Thursday Night Program:
- 7:30 pm Yasin, Dua-e-Tawasul, Marsiya, Majlis and Matam.
- 7:30 pm Yasin, Dua-e-Komail, Marsiya, Majlis, Matam and Ziyarat-e-Waritha.
- Friday, December 6th:
- Saturday, December 7th:
- 11:53am Salaat ul Juma'a.
- 5:00pm Salaat ul Maghrib/Isha.
- 7:00 pm Children's Majlis - All are Welcome to encourage children.
- Sunday, December 8th:
- 5:00pm Salaat ul Maghrib/Isha.
- 6:30am Salatul Fajr, Dua-e-Sabha, Sura Yaseen/Fath, Masiya, Matam and Breakfast.
- 10:30am Madressa
- 2:00pm Ladies Hussain Day
Philippines Typhoon Appeal
On the 8th of November 2013, Typhoon Haiyan, one of the most powerful storms on record, struck the coast provinces of Leyte and Samar in the Philippines. With wind speeds in excess of 200 miles per hour, Haiyan flattened houses and schools and caused widespread loss of life. Official reports suggest that as many as 10,000 people have been killed.
We understand that more than 9 million people have been affected and many are now struggling to survive without food, shelter, or clean drinking water. In addition, according to UN figures, over 660,000 people have been displaced from their homes and have nowhere to go.
A global fund has been set up by The World Federation to help the victims of those affected by this disaster. The monies raised will be used to help with the relief operations and providing aid. Please donate generously today. To donate online, please visit the Philippines Typhoon Appeal donation page and make your contribution today!
1. United Muslim Foundation will be collecting new and gently-used winter coats (all sizes), sweaters (all sizes), gloves and winter scarves as well as blankets for Project Warm. Donations can be placed in the donation boxes located in the foyer of the gents and ladies side. UMF will host the collection until January 3rd. Please only bring requested winter items for the collection.For further information, please contact Sr.Farha Fazel or click here. Click here for a UMF press release regarding more about the blanket and coat drive.
2. Children's Workshop & Children's Majlis program will starting on November 22nd. See Schedule.
3. Morning call newspaper covered our centers activities for Ashura, see the pictures published and video here.4. We are saddened to report that there has been several people injured not to mention damages in the recent attacks on the shrine of Bibi Zainab (a.s.). To read about the recent attack, please click here. It's up to each and everyone of us to rise against this oppression and to protect our holy shrines.
5. Parents with students in Madressa can use the Emaktab madressa online portal at www.emaktab.org/aam for information. Parents can request account to be able to login and get more information.
6. UMF sponsered Canned Food Drive that the Madressa participated was featured on Express Times as seen on link here.
Please make a donation today using our secure online donation form hosted by PayPal
Al-Ahad Islamic Center encourages all community members wishing to
donate towards a specific fund to a member of the management team. For
those wishing to donate towards GENERAL FUNDS may do so online. Please
note PayPal does charge upto 3.5% in fees, kindly add 3.5% towards your
intended donation amount so the receipt can reflect the intended
donation. Thank you for your support.